- This event has passed.
Ferry Beach Park – Ferry Beach Youth Camps
June 23 @ 3:00 PM - July 6 @ 9:00 AM EDT
2019 Ferry Beach Youth Camps
• Week 1: June 23-29, 2019 (Sunday – Saturday)
• Week 2: June 29 – July 6, 2019 (Saturday – Saturday)
Ferry Beach Youth Camps offer an enriching and fun week-long experience for youth:
• Grades 4-6*: Kids for the Earth (KFTE)
• Grades 7-9*: Different Drummers (DD)
• Grades 10-12*: FUUTURES
*Based on grade entering Fall 2019
Join the Ferry Beach Youth camps to become a part of an intentional, kind-hearted, open-minded, and connected community built on self-expression and mutual respect. Young adults often report that Ferry Beach Youth Camps were the one place they felt comfortable being their true selves and that they appreciated being able to make friends beyond the usual school labels.
Ferry Beach mission statement that “Ferry Beach awakens hearts to explore, grow and renew the spirit of universal love.” We honor our values of Community, Acceptance, Respect, Worth, Truth, Compassion and Stewardship and we highlight these values in our programing.
Campers will join large and small group programs to deeply explore these values (often through their preferred interests) at age-appropriate and engaging levels. Each Camper has an opportunity to select from tracks, workshops and activities on Arts & Culture, Education, Spirituality, Care for the Earth, Personal Growth, and Social Justice & Action.
Every camper selects a “track” to explore our values deeper with. Tracks are an opportunity for youth to select a preferred interest area that they will spend their mornings and include art, theatre and outdoor adventures:
• Art: Campers are offered a wide variety of art projects that allow them to create while explore our values. From collaborative projects like mural making and service projects like knitting blankets to individual spiritual projects like mask making and recycled sculptures, there are always fascinating creations by the end of camp.
• Theater: Campers work together to write, create, act, and produce a skit performed on stage or in movie format. In addition to content that aligns with exploring our values, the experience of collaboration and working together is a highlight of this track.
• Outdoor Adventures: Campers spend some time engaging in trust building and cooperative outdoor activities and other time enjoying the tried and true favorite group games like ultimate beach frisbee and capture the flag.
Afternoons allow for time to participate in “Every Day” Ferry Beach Activities like:
• Music Making
• Jam Sessions
• Open Art Room
• Ecology Adventures
• Active Games
• The Banathalon (beloved all-camp relay race)
• Community Service Projects
• Beach / Nature Walks
• Nature Photography
• Social Justice Work
• Leadership Development
• Group Check-Ins
• Hanging Out with Friends
• Playing Chess and other Board Games
• Free Choice
Evenings are spent socializing during planned activities by camp group and some camp wide activities. Some evening activities are:
• “Warm Fuzzies” (Story-telling KFTE & FUUTURES)
• Story Slam
• Campfire & Smores
• Camp-Wide Dance
• Coffee House (FUUTURES)
• Presentation Night – What each group learned in their Morning Tracks.
• Talent / No-Talent Show
• Interfaith Closing Spirit Circle each night (designed and led by the chaplain for KFTE and the youth in DD/FUUTURES)
Morning Tracks and Afternoon & Evening Activities are usually separated by camp group (FUUTURES / DD / KFTE) and delivered at age-appropriate levels, but some activities are camp-wide to help connections naturally grow between youth of all ages.
See a sample schedule here.
Youth Camp program leaders are enthusiastic, energetic and experienced at guiding youth through exploration and understanding of these values. Our camp leaders are background checked and trained volunteer staff including teachers, medical professionals, liberal religious professionals, and compassionate parents who will love your child as their own.
• First time to Youth Camp: 15% off
• Referral Discount: Refer a friend to come for the 1st time and both you and the friend receive 15% off
• 2nd child discount: 10% off additional children registered from the same family
Discounts may not be combined.
Learn more about Ferry Beach Youth Camps and register HERE.
- Ferry Beach Park Association
- (207) 282-4489